100% Swiss made quality.
The new TRIAC Hot Jet S is the smallest hot air tool from Leister. Decades of experience and Swiss thoroughness is packed into the modern design. Weighing only 600g, the TRIAC Hot Jet S is the ultimate lightweight and compact hot air gun - ensuring high-powered, fatigue-free plastic welding.
This Swiss manufactured tool is capable of producing temperatures of up to 600°C. Stepless, electronically controlled temperature and airflow adjustment.
Complete kit includes:
- TRIAC Hot Jet S Hot Air Plastic Welding Hand Tool
- 5mm Speed Weld Push-fit Nozzle
- Tacking Nozzle
- Tubular Push Fit Nozzle
- Sturdy Tool Box
||40 - 600°C
||(200°C max) l/min 40-110
How To Weld Rigid Plastics:
Which materials can be welded?
Only Thermoplastics can be welded. You must weld like for like plastic to achieve a structurally sound bond.
The below video demonstrates using a Leister Plastic Welder:
- Prepare the weld surface. Ensure it is clean of dust and dirt so that you can achieve an unobstructed plastic-to-plastic bond. Notch out a “V” groove along the crack or join.
- “Tacking” the join or crack together helps to secure the material in place to ensure there is stability and no misalignment of the joins. Run the tip of a tacking nozzle or heated metal item along the join to create an initial bond.
- Using a speed welding nozzle or by free hand pendulum welding technique, introduce the plastic weld rod to the weld zone. Ensure equal levels of hot air are directed at the plastic weld rod and the weld surface to ensure they reach “plasticity” at the same time.
- When the surface plastic shows signs of slight wetting, move the welding nozzle along the groove while at the same time applying downward pressure on the weld rod to ensure a sound bond.